To be or not to be



Just last month, I didn't have a single clue what I would like to do this year now that I have a lot of free times. But all that has changed somehow. Still so very early in the year yet the wind is blowing differently already and as the days pass, I am more drawn to this new idea: to study law.

This began as an afterthought when I shared with my siblings the changes in my schedule. When asked what I would do with the time I have, I casually said that I would like to continue studying. Odd it may seem to some, but I missed school. I had been neglecting my masters ever since I was assigned at Ipil. But try hard as I might, there was no burning desire to continue it yet although I only need about three more semesters to be able to finish it. And even if I do finish my masters in English, it wouldn't help me much for it isn't related to the present job that I have. So I thought of law and was thrilled. And that spark that started feebly is now becoming a fire.



Frankly, I do not envision myself as a lawyer yet. I am not even sure if I will be able to finish it because a lot can happen in four years. That part I am still deliberating. Will I be able to finish what I started? Will I hold out til the end? Is this just a passing fancy or for real?

Half of  my being wants to proceed with the project but the other half is skeptic. What I am most afraid of is that I might chicken out half way through. But I guess I will never know until I try. There is no use fretting about a milk that isn't spilled yet. Who knows? maybe I'm really destined to become a lawyer.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS