Desert Song




I am in the desert...

"Where is the LORD that brought us up 
out of the land of Egypt? 
That led us through the wilderness, 
through a land of deserts and of pits. 
Through a land of drought, 
and of the shadow of death, 
Through a land that no man passed through, 
and where no man dwelt?" 
(Jeremiah 2:6)


And the LORD answered me...

And He said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart
 into a desert place, and rest a while."
 (Matthew 6:31)


Even when I feel thirsty...

"And they thirsted not 
when He led them through the deserts:
 He caused the waters to flow 
out of the rock for them: 
He clave the rock also, 
and the waters gushed out." 
(Isaiah 48:21)

"The beast of the field shall honour me, 
the dragons and the owls: 
because I give waters in the wilderness, 
and rivers in the desert, 
to give drink to my people, my chosen." 
(Isaiah 43:20) 


hopeless...

"The wilderness and the solitary place 
shall be glad for them; 
and the desert shall rejoice
and blossom as the rose." 
(Isaiah 35:1)  


and abandoned...

"For the LORD shall comfort Zion: 
He will comfort all her waste places; 
and He will make her wilderness like Eden, 
and her desert like the garden of the LORD; 
joy and gladness shall be found therein, 
thanksgiving, and the voice of melody." 
(Isaiah 51:3)


He gives me reasons to sing.

"Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, 
and the tongue of the dumb sing
for in the wilderness shall waters break out, 
and streams in the desert." 
(Isaiah 35:6)


Because my Lord brought me here for a reason...

"And the child grew,
 and waxed strong in spirit, 
and was in the deserts
till the day of his shewing unto Israel.
 (Luke 1:80)



So that He can do great things for me...

"Behold I will do a new thing;
 now it shall spring forth; 
shall ye not know it? 
I will even make a way in the wilderness, 
and rivers in the desert". 
(Isaiah 43:19)


For my Father will always guide me...

"Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer,
 the Holy One of Israel: 
I am the Lord your God,
who teaches you to profit,
Who leads you by the way you should go."
(Isaiah 48:17)


"Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand." 
(Psalm 20:6)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS