Clutching at Straws


Lord, I feel so utterly weak...

 Have you not known?
Have you not heard? 
The everlasting God the Lord, 
The Creator of the ends of the Earth.
Neither faints nor is weary.

There is no searching of His understanding.

He gives power to the weak
And to those who have no might, 
He increases strength.

Even the youths shall faint and be weary
And the young men shall utterly fall.

But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength
They shall mount up with wings like eagles
They shall run and not be weary.
They shall walk and not faint.
(Isaiah 40: 28-31) 


This burden is so heavy...

Fear not, for I am with you.
Be not dismayed, for I am your God
I will strengthen you,
Yes I will help you
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
(Isaiah 41:10)


Lord, I don't think I can do this...

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you.
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned.
Nor shall the flame scorch you.
For I am the Lord your God.
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
(Isaiah 43: 2-3)


Strengthen me then please...

"My grace is sufficient for you for My strength is made perfect in weakness"
(2 Cor. 12:9)


Guide me too...

The Lord will guide you continually
And satisfy your soul in drought, 
And strengthen your bones.
You shall be like a watered garden
And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail
(Isaiah 58:11)


And so my Lord...

Though the fig tree may not blossom
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
and the fields yield no food.
Though the flock be cut off from the fold
And there be no herd in the stalls-

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord. 
I will joy in the God of my salvation.

The Lord God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer's feet
And He will make me walk on my high hills.
(Habakkuk 3:17-19)

Thank You...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS